Baked Avocado Egg Recipe
Baked eggs in avocado nourishes the body with high protein and omega-3 which is good for your: skin, brain, eye vision, bone joints, and more. This recipe is low in sugar and full of fiber. The great thing about it for you is the fact that it’s easy to make and barely requires prep time.
Note: It is completely okay to use fresh herbs or other toppings you have accessible. Even a bit of hot sauce or a tablespoon of salsa can provide a nice spice.
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Take the avocados, slice them in half, and remove the pit. Scoop out 2 teaspoons of meat (or flesh) from the middle of the avocado — you want the egg to fit snugly inside the avocado.
3. Place your avocados in a small baking dish and ensure they fit tightly.
4. Crack open an egg and pour it into a separate avocado — try to get the yolk into it first and then let the egg whites pour in and fill up the remainder of the shell.
5. Put your baking dish into your oven for 15-20 minutes. The cook time will vary depending on the size of your eggs and avocados. Let your egg whites have enough time to set.
6. Remove your dish from the oven, then season it with chives, pepper, and embellish. Savor the moment!
- Serving Size: 1 serving (290.8g)
- Amount Per Serving: 449 calories
- Total Fat: 38.2g
- Calories from fat: 344
- Saturated Fat: 7.0g
- Cholesterol: 327mg
- Sodium: 137 mg
- Total Carbs: 13.6g
- Dietary Fiber: 13.6g
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 15.2g
- Vitamin A: 16%
- Vitamin C: 35%
- Calcium 7%
- Iron: 16%
Note: Based on a 2000 calorie diet